Followers

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Controller Alert


There's a new Controller in town, and might I say she will look good in that seat.  My question is can or will she be controlled?  By none other than the mayor. 

If you watched the council meeting last night you could see the Mayors pick was Amore.  How do I know this?  Well Napoli and Affa voted for her. You could see Napoli didnt appear to be too happy.  His pocket was probably vibrating from Matt calling him to yell at him.

Amore was reaching way too hard to convince council she was the best candidate.  It appeared fake to me.  Even Palmer would have been a better choice.

But Santiago appears she will take the job seriously and keep the administration accountable.  Hopefully the mayors travel expenses since Frank isn't.  But I liked how she appeared to be genuine and her resume was very strong in my opinion.

Next topic.

I  just saw another lawsuit filed against the City of Allentown.  A former risk manager filed a suit basically stating he was fired because he cooperated with the Scott Curtis Investigation.  That sounds about right.  Mayor trying to keep people quiet. Such an egotistical prick firing all these employees.

But, I think this suit will force the Curtis Report to come out. Then we can all see how bad it really is in the city. My sources say it is really bad and some department heads do not look so favorable.

I mean now Santiago's first priority is going to be how the city can afford all of these lawsuits. Her and Patel have their work cut out.


At what point is it enough though? The tax payers have to keep paying lawyer fees for the Mayors fuck ups.  You cant tell me at this point all these suits are bullshit.  How many is that? Six or seven, basically alleging the same thing.  This last suit doesnt appear to be by a minority, with the last name Ferry either.  So Matt has no boundaries.  If he doesnt get his way he takes his toys and goes home.  I mean not actually home to Colorado, cause that would be great.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she will be great. Amore is an insider. She would have done more harm than good.

Anonymous said...

Napoli is a weak individual. He was squirming in his seat all night. Probably because he was afraid Matt and Frank were going to be mad at him
Amore was not a surprise vote for Affa at all, they are friends. Remember Judge Amore swore her in for her next term? she is connected to the Dem party.
Napoli is trying to shake the slimeball stigma so he caters to Tuerk and the Dems. Unfortunately he is looking more foolish. He looked incompetent yesterday when he gave Amore more time to speak. “Someone call Matt and ask him what to do !”

Anonymous said...

"Yea, so I guess I'll give you more time, since you didn't interview well and Matt wants you to be picked."

Scott Armstrong said...

As a registered Democrat she will be a team player. Otherwise she will be ostracized and impugned. When Mike Donovan came into the job we hoped he would take the job seriously and be the taxpayer's wathdog. He caved. He quietly complained but never spoke up when it counted. He's passed on and not here to defend himself. I mention it only because one must have a spine of steel to tell the truth in this town. Not counting on the new controller to do any better.

Anonymous said...

Scott, leave yourself open to the possibility to be surprised by this one

Anonymous said...

The new controller was the right choice, of the three candidates. I do believe that Tuerk doesn’t care who the controller is at all.
Tuerk hated Jeff Glazier. Matt did not hide his dislike for Jeff when walking through the hallways of city hall. He ignored every audit and recommendation he ever had.

Tuerk will certainly be business as usual.

Scott Armstrong said...

I'd love to be.

Anonymous said...

I'd say that a guy (like Scott above) who has owned a home in central Allentown for upwards of 30 years has earned the right to be pessimistic about the all-Democrat City Hall. He's been here long enough to remember the Bill Heydt administration where City Hall was a proper functioning unit of local government with competent/qualified professional department heads, good services and careful spending. I can assure you that tax payers were not sending Bill Heydt to California 4 times a year!

Anonymous said...

The controller position is a joke and always will be because they aren’t looking at the bigger picture in the controller’s office. They are too busy chasing small issues and not looking at the larger problems with grant money and continued misuse of taxpayer dollars. They pay attention to the small things so they look like they’re doing something. Glazier was a horrible controller .

As far as the most recent lawsuit, I am reluctant when there is a new claim of discrimination and retaliation because people are so happy To file a lawsuit, but I also know that Matt Tuerk is a retaliatory bitch.
I read the article and it disgusts me that this Mayor continues to think that he can treat people like they’re nothing. It mentioned that he had a list of employees to terminate and would cross them off. He is a disgusting and vile individual. People aren’t pawns in a game. I do remember that the old HR Director said that he kept a list as well. I hope Matt Tuerk is thrown out of office… He is a disgrace to the city.

Anonymous said...

“Of the three candidates” is the operative statement there.
They selected who they wanted to present on Tuesday…many applied and were not brought forward. I am sure the corrupt HR department hand selected friends of the Mayor and department. Fat ass Kistler is buddies with DAmore, so is Affa. Shocker

Anonymous said...

I think it’s horrible that Matt’s big ego is destroying morale within City Hall and costing the taxpayers a lot of money with all the lawsuits due to his piss poor leadership. His term can’t end fast enough!
Matt thinks he’s always the smartest person in the room.

Anonymous said...

Abe-watch last night’s council and you will see corruption and stupidity at its finest.

Kistler wants to use the newly increased deed transfer tax buy homes for the city to renovate and rent. This was an idea from another consulting firm who was paid royally by the city. You know, no one is smart enough in the city to do their actual work so they hire outsiders.

I find it interesting that the city presents this as an option. One of Kistler’s favorite staff member, Kelly Grogg is a realtor and property
manager. Watch how the city uses this money closely.

Anonymous said...

Tuerk is beginning to feel more and more like Roy Afflerbach each day. Afflerbach conned to the public into a 4 year term in City Hall, did nothing but screw everything up all the while collecting a big salary and generous benefits (I'll bet he wishes he had taken a couple dozen travel junkets while he was at it). After totally getting bamboozled by the police union, Afflerbach disappeared leaving a financial mess to be borne by the residents for decades.

Anonymous said...

The only deliverable the controller’s office delivers each year is a stupid intern presentation. Other than that they do nothing. The assistant controller is rude AF and is always on vacation and bitching about something.
The controllers office would be better served with an outside auditor separate from the city.
No one cares about a stupid intern designed process flow that is completely ignored. They waste money just like the rest of the city departments.

Anonymous said...

We should replace all of Allentown with a giant data center.

Anonymous said...

Napoli is no leader and definitely not council President material. The guy is using his platform to self promote his overpriced clothing store.
Allegedly better not reelect this boob or vote for him to be President again

Anonymous said...

Afflerbach , who wasn't that bright and had opposition within city government, fled along with many citizens seeking to escape the faltering city.
Years later Tuerk, who left Colorado for reasons we will one day learn about, arrives to begin a career at LVEDC. Much later, having been aware of the growing Latino population in Allentown he pursues a political opportunity based mostly on his chihuahua genetics. Having been mayor of Allentown since 2022 it is now clearly evident that he truly believes his own Bullshit.
Given his recent world travels he is apparently is aware of his shortcomings and with the continuing decline of the city he pursues opportunities elsewhere. We wish him Best of Luck in his endeavors and all we can say is Hasta la Visa MO FO, don't let the door hit you where the sun don't shine.

Anonymous said...

Of course he believes his own bullshit. The only others that do are his little troll assistant, Phone a Frank, and his Z-list cabinet. Strike that. Cabinet follows him out of fear because they know he will fire them and they are worthless elsewhere

Anonymous said...

Does the city drug test employees and the mayor? Signed: Concerned Citizen

Anonymous said...

Drug testing could be a valuable tool to save tax payer pension plans and the new one up.

Anonymous said...

Drug testing is done at hiring and random for commercial license holders only. If the city drug tested regularly like most employers, they would be dropping like dead flies

michael molovinsky said...

The Bill Heydt Republican era commemorated here by Scott and his alter egoswas not the pure snow he describes. One need only drive on Springhouse Rd. and see the strip of Allentown maintained park, across from Trexler Park, whose purpose was to enhance Heydt's new neighborhood and house. I agree with Scott that Allentown had a higher quality of life back then, but it was even better earlier, under Democrat Joe D. As a certified baby boomer, I remember when we were the All-American City (1965). I remember when visitors would comment how clean and litter free center city was.

Anonymous said...

Joe Dadonna was a decent man who was deceived into thinking that somehow the Puerto Rican immigration would offset to absence of Bethlehem Steel and Mack Trucks and improve the loss of these substantial employers.
Good people came but no new employers. Neighborhoods rapidly deteriorated.
Good intentions on his behalf but Joe commenced the downfall of this once Great American City.

michael molovinsky said...

anon@6:44: That is a long repeated myth, which even states that Joe placed signs in the San Juan airport. Latinos came to Allentown from N.J.&N.Y for cheaper rent. Their "welcome" here was enhanced from social agencies, which provided them with move-in money. Among them was HAO and Catholic Service.
As for my comment at 6:18, I'll allow Scott the last word, which he relishes.

Anonymous said...

So your biggest knock on Bill Heydt is that he left behind a piece of park land across from Trexler Park?

No idea exactly where Heydt lived, but I’m sure I would NOT have been happy had Heydt’s zoning department allowed homes (or apartments) to be built right up to the curb across from Allentown’s premier park.

I’d love to travel back to a time when THAT was the biggest complaint someone had about Allentown’s mayor.

Anonymous said...

I can understand and also appreciate some of you concerns and comments .But when you put people down by calling them ugly horrible names like a 5th grade BULLY shows your level of intelligence. You sound like an uninformed uneducated jerk.
And may I add it’s always Anonymous. I applaud the ones who give their names and stick to the issues like Scott Armstrong and and those who have the guts to publish their names.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is not Anonymous Candida Affa

Anonymous said...

Calling Vicki Kistler. A fat ass appropriate comment?

Anonymous said...

Again this is not Anonymous it’s Candida Affa. I’m sorry, but I don’t know how to put my name before anonymous comes up

Controller Alert

There's a new Controller in town, and might I say she will look good in that seat.  My question is can or will she be controlled?  By no...

Past 7 days of Truth