It seriously looks like the data centers are coming to Allentown no matter what and wherever they want. Despite all the opposition by the public, just watch the center on W. Emaus Ave get approved. Im sorry guys but you really don't matter to the people who have the final say. These data centers will keep pushing until they are approved and Kane, the Mayor, and most of council will support them.
According to Frank Kane, the developer for the data center on W. Emaus Ave has changed a bunch of shit to try and make the center more appealing. Not the location, just things to mask how bad its going to suck for the people who live near it.
Tues at 12:15 you know, the time when everyone is at work there is a meeting about these revisions in the city council chambers.
Bottomline, there is alot of money behind these data centers. Follow the money.
Has anyone gone to the fair? I haven't and won't be. Maybe if Tuerk was in a piranha filled dunk tank. I could see Kane there at the ring toss "Step right up folks, 5 will get you 10" all while chewing 20 pieces of gum like he does at council meetings.
I wonder how the crowds are? From some of the photos I saw, seemed a little scarce, but I dunno what time of day they were taken.
Upcoming:
Council has alot of spending decisions coming up. I'd advise watching their upcoming meetings. Since the county proposed a 17% tax increase, ASD will probably add to that, and if the city council approves a bunch of future debt we are all screwed. Could you imagine the 17% and say idk 9% from ASD and then the city throws another 12%? People will have to move out of the county. Bottomline, the people in the city aren't being heard. The city employees who I bet 70% of them do not live in the city are destroying the residents with promotions, constant raises, and ridiculous benefits and contracts. The city cant keep taking on debt. Save us council.
Also, I believe the decision on the Curtis Files happens mid month. This month could be very exciting.
Here's some old memes



.gif)









5 comments:
Another post of juvenile babble.
Just go stick your head under a rock and act as if all is good.
I will do that and still say how this blog is trash
So, if I am to understand, you believe that because I answered a reporter’s question about changes to a zoning application, I am somehow promoting that project?
Believe me, Abe, when I support something, it’s clear. You will have no doubt when the city is in support of something. In the case of data centers, they must be allowed by law, and we have put in extra safeguards to make sure that they are held to the highest standards possible to protect this community. Every member of City council that sits on the dais, and the mayor, in lockstep, worked very hard to put protections in place very quickly to protect this community. Our Zoning Board will make that decision with no influence from the administration and with the comments of the affected public front and center in their minds. City Council listened to public comment and amended our ordinance faster than anyone has ever amended and enacted zoning changes in PA. The residents and taxpayers of Allentown have a voice, and the Mayor and City Council that they voted for have listened to them at every turn.
You are right about the Fair though. I paid $18 for a sausage sandwich and $13 for mozzarella sticks today. I have been saying it all summer. I don’t know how the summer festival economy continues to make it. … $18 pinchos at Musikfest… $13 mozzarella sticks at the fair.. who can afford that? How can vendors afford to operate if sales fall because of prices?
I think maybe that guy with the signs who stands at the truist bank on Hamilton and 12th has something… we are approaching the end times.
You should give me and the management team here a chance. I think this budget is going to surprise a lot of people. I know you have Allentown trauma, but every day you get a new chance to choose what to focus on. Focus on something positive.
Amen! Focus on something positive, for once. The administration is making big changes under Kane’s leadership. Matt Tuerk is nowhere to be found, and that is a good thing.
Post a Comment