Followers

Friday, September 18, 2026

Affordable Housing



I see there was a ribbon cutting of a large apartment complex at the old Morning Call site.  Apartments for everyone. You know all the bigwigs were there.

Here are the prices. 

$1290 for a studio. 

$2015 for a 2 bedroom

You have to pay for parking and a $60 amenities fee.

So the medium income in Allentown is roughly $55,000.

After taxes like $43,000.

Or $1650 bi-weekly. 

So in order for someone to live in a one bedroom apartment which I will assume is roughly $1600-$1750 a month, your 1st check of each month covers just the rent. 

I dont see a water or electric bill included so add another say $150 a month. Add parking, car insurance, cable, food, maybe 1 grub hub a month and what is left?

How is this affordable housing as Mayor Tuerk always claims he is working on?  Getting investors to build these buildings knowing that no one around there can afford them isn't right.

The medium income probably isn't the same for the people that live center city. That is probably closer to like $35,000 if your lucky.

I mean who is renting these places? There arent really many businesses downtown that people can walk too from there.  I personally would never spend that type of money to live there.  Downtown is dead after 5pm.  Even after the PPL center events it dies quickly.  

Sure the building is nice, but is it necessary?  Will it actually fill up?  I feel the city wants all these unaffordable apartments downtown to push the poor people out of the city.  I mean this is how you do it.  Buy up all the land and build unaffordable apartments that the natives cant afford. 

Don't preach about building affordable housing, when you clearly aren’t and can't even figure out a solution for the homeless people. 

No comments:

Affordable Housing

I see there was a ribbon cutting of a large apartment complex at the old Morning Call site.  Apartments for everyone. You know all the bigwi...

Past 7 days of Truth