Followers

Friday, October 2, 2026

Some wrap up and some thoughts

I have been keeping an eye on the new police station or lack there of.. I know I mentioned I heard some rumblings about the cost of the new google looking police station.  Now it would appear the station isnt happening. I say that only because besides the inaugural dirt that was shoveled I have yet to see it started. Is the city looking at other options?


Perhaps renovating the existing police station instead. But here is a stat for you.  The city I am thinking is several million into the police station disaster with nothing to show for. WTF are theses officials doing?  What a waste. Everyday they wait, the price of supplies goes up. Wait it just came to me. I dont think anyone bid to build the project!!! A builder hasnt been put in front of council yet for approval. This is so embarrassing. Build something!!

All the publicity on this shiny glass toilet station for it not to be built.  If this would be true, what is the city going to do with the 3 to 4 million dollars a year they just saved? Could they be gearing up to give the cops a fabulous contract? That would certainly piss the tax payers off. Or maybe taking on another infinite debt like the DROP pension. Remember when Santo Napoli spoke on it saying the city was not in a position to go through with it?  Wonder if he changed his mind? Better hope he didn't or he is going to get slammed on here

How financially in trouble is the city in if they scrap a project they gave away millions too? 

Like I said, I could totally be wrong on this, but for a project that was supposed to have started months ago, I have yet to see anything started. Something isn't right.

Also


Cant the mayor bring back some knowledge on these trips he goes on about how to not waste money.  You would think the tattoo guys he goes to might have some knowledge to share. 

Dreams

Those 13inch pythons are running out of room to get ink. Better not go on any more trips.

Reality

Speaking of it, wheres his travel expense report Frank?

Also


You can now get your weed on Lehigh St. too. Thanks to a new dispensary that opened.  You know just what Allentown needs. I only say that because I'm sure not everyone leaves the parking lot without taking a hit.  You know gotta calm your nerves before you drive. There is a dispensary on Emaus Ave about one mile from the new location.  So plenty of it on the southside.

Also

Everyone knows about the two homicides that happened on Tuesday night.  Where's the love? Where's Promise Neighborhoodz anti-gun violence people at? Council gives them hundreds of thousands of dollars but what is there to show for? 

Also

Its getting colder.  Soon we will hear about how city officials are going to push the homeless out of their camps or what they plan on doing to help them. Probably both. But we all know they will talk about doing something throughout the winter until it warms up, then forget about it.

Nothing proactive ever comes out of council, the mayors office or the police department.  Always reactive.

Final point

I like to stay in county for what I talk about,  but how bout that crazy Northampton county executive wanting a 43.5% property tax increase. 

Does she have a pair of balls on her coming in that high. What is really the problem with these cities and counties?  They spend, spend, spend because it isnt there money.  WTF to they care.  Every city and county should be audited quarterly or yearly but a firm in another state.  Lets see where the money is really going.  Its sickening.  I mean the Federal gov and State taxes are becoming dismal compared to county, borough, school, and city tax. How is anyone supposed to buy weed on Lehigh St at the dispensary?  Soon there wont be any homicides because no one will have enough money for a gun let alone the damn bullets.  Just flip flop the two.  Guns really cheap and bullets like $50 a round.  You wont see gangstas running thru a clip.  It would cost $600!!! Lol.

The spending is out of control.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The prior leadership in the Lehigh Valley has put the new county executives in Lehigh and Northampton counties in this predicament. They get in power and hold back tax increases and rely on depleting the general funds so they don’t lose their power and position. Then a new politician is elected (Dem or Rep) and they have no choice but to raise taxes.
I don’t blame either executive for this—I do blame them for putting wasteful social initiatives into their budgets. People should be losing jobs when there are tax increases. Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton all have larger workforces than they actually require. Get rid of some high paying office jobs and redundancy of tasks.

Anonymous said...

I don't blame either executive”new” executive. I do blame McClure and Armstrong

Anonymous said...

Here's an idea... instead of hiring more people, try to get the existing workforce to actually perform their jobs up to their ability... if they have any... I never understood rewarding poor performance with a raise... shitcan the loafers...

Anonymous said...

You mean like Michaela Boyer and her 5 promotions since she’s started with the City four years ago because she is Matt Tuerk’s special girl? Asking for a friend

Anonymous said...

As an officer I can tell you Apd doesnt need a new station. Over half the guys are at the newly renovated 9th st. station. That 4th st. station was for the chief and his load of a command staff. Total waste. they all need to go.

Some wrap up and some thoughts

I have been keeping an eye on the new police station or lack there of.. I know I mentioned I heard some rumblings about the cost of the new ...

Past 7 days of Truth