Followers

Saturday, August 1, 2026

Musicfest 2026

 


I decided to head to Musicfest.  It was crowded as expected and a millshake set me back $10.  But it hit the spot so who cares.  

I started to wonder why Allentown couldnt do a festival like that.  Could you imagine what that would look like.  Instead of beerplatz it would be weedplatz. Leiderplatz would be illegaldirtbikeplatz.   


Comedyplatz equals Tuerkplatz.  Newsplatz more like shotinthechestplatz and crashplatz would take over matchplatz.  Prideplatz, Raiseaflagplatz etc.

It would be a total disaster.  You wouldnt smell Karl Elmers sausage more like Snoop Doggs chronic.

You would barely see any police. Forget seeing mounted officers on horses. APD would be sleeping in the parking lots.  


Artsquest makes over like 150million on the festival.  Allentown would end up raising taxes after the event.  


There was no riff raff walking around.  People were happy.  I didnt see really anyone obviously too drunk. Shit, there were vendors giving away free things without being attacked.  


Allentown could build a real waterfront and still not touch anything on Bethlehem.  Their is no way a ten day festival would survive.

Sorry but I gotta do the main acts. Rastaman, Gangsta Style, Gimme that free shit, one round two round, chitty chitty bang bang and illegal is legal here.  Stellar lineup.  $5 gets you all access.  


Its just so sad a neighboring city can do great festivals all year long, and Allentown screws up basically every one day festival they have. The Puerto Rican day parade turned into the Fast and the Furious afterwards. I mean in 10 days musicfest generates probably close to the entire Allentown budget when its all said and done.  


The parking authority kills it.  Hundreds of tickets are issued. The buses are constantly busy. All the hotels are fully packed. The restaurants cant keep up with the orders.  

Oddly, you dont see the streets littered with trash which is a constant everyday problem in Allentown.  

Allentown will never step up. The leaders don't lead.  We have a selfie mayor and a managing director who belongs at Pop-eyes. And lastly, a council that is bought by the mayor and basically does whatever the mayor wants.  



No comments:

Musicfest 2026

  I decided to head to Musicfest.  It was crowded as expected and a millshake set me back $10.  But it hit the spot so who cares.   I starte...